The training is also useful for anyone requiring a better understanding of the basic elements of asbestos in buildings and is a good “stepping stone” to more in-depth courses. Asbestos Awareness course content is governed by Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and includes the following elements:
- Properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
- Types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings and plant;
- General procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, e.g. uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
A short assessment of 15 questions is included with a pass mark of 80% required to successfully complete the course.
COURSE LENGTH AND CERTIFICATES
The IATP Asbestos Awareness e-learning module will take approximately 120 minutes to complete. On successful completion of the course, delegates are supplied with a IATP Certificate for Asbestos Awareness (Category A).
Book your IATP eLearning course online and download your certificate today.
To complete the courses, users will require a browser with the Adobe Flash plug-in. We recommend the following desktop environment:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or above (IE 6 and above is supported)
- Macromedia Flash player latest version (we support version 6 and above)
- A sound card / audio ability
- To promote an appropriate learning environment this course will only run on a desktop or laptop computer
If you need to contact our eLearning team, please email us at email@example.com.
|NUMBER OF SEATS||Cost|