With recent changes in legislation and a new focus in guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the housing sector has had to re-focus its attention on implementing coherent asbestos management strategies.
With a greater need for expert advice and support, the housing sector has become Environtec’s primary area of operational activity since 2005.
We have established excellent working partnerships with a wide range of registered social landlords, from regional charities and local authorities to large national housing corporations, delivering a comprehensive national asbestos consultancy service.
Our experience of working with housing based customers has provided us with the knowledge and skills required to deliver a wide range of sector specific services, including:
- Asbestos Compliance Reviews / Gap Analysis
- Preparation and Development of Asbestos Management Plans and Policies
- Development of Surveying Strategy through Desktop Studies
- Database Evaluation and Data Development and Compatibility
- Asbestos Management Surveys of Non-domestic & Domestic Premises
- Statutory Re-inspections of both Non-domestic & Domestic Premises
- Refurbishment and Demolition Surveys prior to Refurbishment / Capital Works or Demolition
- Decent Homes Surveys and Enabling Works
- Void Surveys (24 hours turnaround)
- Project Management of Asbestos Remediation Projects
- Air Monitoring and Four Stage Clearance
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Enforcement Agency Liaison
- Expert Witness
One area of delivery that has changed in the recent past is the requirement to ensure that data collected during asbestos surveys and inspections is transferred onto customer’s asbestos databases. Environtec has developed database management procedures to ensure that all asbestos data is collected and transferred to customer’s systems efficiently and effectively by a dedicated team of database managers and administrators.
Asbestos management within the housing sector can often represent a challenge, particularly with the need to access occupied properties and working with vulnerable tenants. Environtec has developed tried and tested strategies of both maximising access, for example through the implementation of twilight shifts, and ensuing that vulnerable tenants are offered assistance and support prior to and during work being carried out in their premises.
When working with housing customers, it has been crucial to offer a responsive service and to this end operate a 24 hour Telephone Helpdesk facility. This ensures that in cases of emergencies, customers can be given the necessary level of advice and support including the attendance of consultants on site.
With a national network of offices and laboratories, Environtec has the necessary experience and resource to deliver your organisation with professional compliance services.